Transitions

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Saying Goodbye


Our last day in Beijing is a rest day after our big day at the Great Wall. We need the rest and time to catch up on homework.

I made it to the top with our professor Jyothi Gupta (pictured). The left picture is the climb, stage one. We actually climbed several of these steep slopes to get to the top of this particular section. It was hard, but we made it.

Today is our last day in Beijing. Tomorrow we leave for Tianjin. I cried as we left the farmers' market for the last time today. I know it is very unlikely I will ever see them again. Here is a picture of the three people who fed me for a good portion of this trip.




One day they got a good laugh as I learned my Chinese numbers. Today I took this picture so I could remember their faces. They make salted fried peanuts (regular and spicy), Chinese folded bread sandwiches (day trip meals) honey filled donuts (breakfast and day trips) and flat bread. I didn't buy their homemade noodles, but I bet they were fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment